Thursday, March 10, 2011

Banana Cinnamon Bread

Being impulsive results in seeing a recipe Wednesday and trying it on Thursday.  The best part was the leftover perfectly ripe bananas in the teacher's lounge at work.  I got the recipe from here, Serious Eats, and tweaked it only slightly.  If you decide to make it the only thing I changed was I added more vanilla extract (1 TB. instead of 1 tsp.)  since I have made my own and any time I get a chance to use it I get a little giddy.  Also I added less flour (1/4 cup less).













With a little butter this was the best! 


Something about making yeast doughs is relaxing.  It makes me want to kick myself for not buying the Tartine Bread or one of Peter Reinhart's books when I had a 40% off coupon. Borders is going under so who knows! 





No comments:

Post a Comment