So I had to change the title since I really cook mostly healthy food now. I still love an occasional amazing chocolate filled creation or finding some way to incorporate smoked cheese but it is farther and fewer between. This will also be very evident when I get to visit London and France in a few weeks. For now though I wanted to update this with a meal I tried out that turned out to be surprisingly tasty!
Orange-Poached Tilapia and Maple Lemon Carrots
The recipe after the jump:
1. Zest two oranges and reserve.
2. Juice the two oranges and put it in the skillet and begin to boil.
3. Put a little lemon pepper on the fish (you could poach roughly 2-4 filets) and then poach in simmering orange juice.
4. Cook until flakey and serve.
1. Cut up carrots (1 lb. bag) in coins.
2. Throw in a little water, about a teaspoon of maple syrup, pinch of rosemary ground, juice of half a lemon, and a pinch of pepper. If you need salt ( I do not use it) you can add sea salt to taste.
3. Boil then simmer until done.
4. Serve and eat!